Please note, some information is in Adobe Acrobat format
If you do not already have it, Acrobat can be downloaded for free here
QUICK DATA LINKS ON EPIDEMIC DISEASES:
Click here to see Sally’s powerpoint presentation on historical data of the use of homeopathy in epidemic disease
Great page summarizing comparisons of homeopathic vs allopathic (conventional) treatment in epidemics: click here
Click here for review of the most pertinent double-blind placebo controlled research in homeopathy
The Logic of Figures, Dr. T. Bradford, 1900. (must see)
- Homeopathy In Influenza — A Chorus of Fifty In Harmony
by W.A. Dewey, MD., University of Michigan.
The Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, May 1921. This is a PDF file of the original article, illustrating the tremendous success homeopathic doctors enjoyed in the 1918 flu pandemic. While they lost only 1% of their cases, their allopathic colleagues’ mortality rate exceeded 30%.
- Article on effectiveness of Homeopathy during Epidemic Diseases-Homeopathy has been a boon to the patients of scarlet fever, typhus fever, yellow fever, Pneumonia, Cholera, Influenza, Hepatitis, Dengue, Leptospirosis and Conjunctivitis during the times of pandemics and epidemics. http://www.similia.lv/interesanti/par-homeopatiju/lives-saved-by-homeopathy/
- The treatment of influenza and its complications as seen in the present epidemic.” The British Homoeopathic Journal. December 1918, No.12.Vol. V111
- Bach Flower Essences in Influenza
by Sally Tamplin B.Ed (Hons.) DSH, MARH, PCH, BFRP
Learn about the use of Bach and Australian Flower essences in flu cases.
- Pandemic Survival Guide
by Jacob Mirman MD and Sally Tamplin B.Ed (Hons.) DSH, MARH, PCH, BFRP
This is a controversial but very interesting issue. This article summarizes various trials of prevention of epidemic disease in large populations using homeopathic remedies. This approach has serious public health considerations. Unfortunately, it is too often pitted against the required vaccinations, which creates the controversy. The authors of this site are not against childhood vaccinations.
- Powerpoint presentation, discussing the symptoms of ebola, its similarity with influenza and septic shock, and implications for homeopathy. It also discusses the use of homeopathy in numerous epidemics
- Cholera in Haiti. This article describes the work of a homeopath Edouard Broussalian on the ground in Haiti following the earthquake, illustrating the process of finding the best remedy and success of homeopathy.
While one can say all they want about virtues of this or that treatment, it is the scientific method, that allows one to know whether something really works. Double-blind placebo-controlled studies are the gold standard by which treatments are evaluated in our age of Evidence-Based Medicine. Several good quality studies of homeopathic remedies vs. placebo have been published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The Appendix section of Dr. Mirman’s on-line book Demystifying Homeopathy lists several such studies and presents the reader with their abstracts. Here is one of them.
Ferley, J.P., A Controlled Evaluation of Homeopathic Preparation in the Treatment of Influenza-like Syndromes, British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 1989, 27, pp. 329-335.
(click on the link to get a PDF file of this article)
1. A controlled clinical trial was conducted to assess the effectiveness of a homeopathic preparation in the treatment of influenza-like syndromes.
2. 237 cases received the test drug and 241 were assigned to placebo. Patients recorded their rectal temperature twice a day, and the presence or absence of five cardinal symptoms (headache, stiffness, lumbar in articular pain, shivers) along with cough, coryza and fatigue.
3. Recovery was defined as a rectal temperature less than 37.5° C and complete resolution of the five cardinal symptoms.
4. The proportion of cases who recovered within 48 h of treatment was greater among the active drug group than among the placebo group (17.1% against 10.3%, P=0.03).
5. The result cannot be explained given our present state of knowledge, but it calls for further rigorously designed clinical studies.
If you need a homeopath, check out the following sites:
- Directory of Minnesota Homeopathic Association member homeopaths has a good referral page state by state.
- www.demystify.com for practice info and to read on-line or purchase the book
- www.lifemedical.us Life Medical, St Louis Park, MN, Tel: 952 – 933 – 8900
- Visit SallyTamplin.com which offers the information on Sally’s practice and teaching.
- National Center for Homeopathyhas a good referral page state by state.
- Find a Homeopath in UK – https://www.findahomeopath.org/ and on Homeopathy Awareness Week on https://www.findahomeopath.org/
- Homeopaths without Borders- www.homeopathswithoutborders-na.org
For educational materials on Homeopathy:
- Demystifying Homeopathy. This is an educational site devoted to Classical Homeopathy.
- Homeopathic Educational Services
- Frequently Asked Questions on Homeopathy
- Article on Homeopathy for Epidemic Diseases- http://www.similia.lv/interesanti/par-homeopatiju/lives-saved-by-homeopathy/
- Society of Homeopaths- www.homeopathy-soh.org
- Alliance of Registered Homeopaths- www.a-r-h.org/
- The Dynamis School for Advanced Homeopathy- www.Dynamis.edu/
- The School of Homeopathy, Stroud, England- www.homeopathyschool.com . Sally Tamplin is a distance learning course tutor
- Homeopathy for Health in Africa- https://homeopathyforhealthinafrica.org/
- Alternative Training – Distance Learning, Alternative Therapies- www.Alternative-Training.com
- The Bach Educational Foundation-www.BachCentre.com
- Australian Bush Essences- www.AusFlowers.com.au
Homeopathy and Herbs Stores
- Washington Homeopathic Products
- Helios Homeopathic Pharmacy- www.Helios.co.uk
- Southern Herb- serving the Natural Health Practitioners Industry www.SouthernHerb.com
- Peaceful Meadow Retreat- The work and teachings of Hanna Kroeger- www.PeacefulMeadowRetreat.com
- Ainsworths Homeopathic Pharmacy–www.ainsworths.com
- Tx Options Pharmacy-www.txoptions.com
Most of these books can be purchased from
Homeopathic Educational Services
- Mirman, Jacob I, MD:
Demystifying Homeopathy, a Concise Guide to Homeopathic Medicine
New Hope Publishers, New Hope, MN, ISBN 0-9651950-2-3
Read on-line free at www.BookOnHealing.com
Order a paperback version here
This is a very basic, brief and to the point review of Homeopathy: its history, philosophy, practice, pharmacy, research, etc. It will take you about an hour to read and will likely answer most questions you might have about Homeopathy. Definitely start here.
- Panos, Maesimund B., M.D. and Heimlich, Jane:
Homeopathic Medicine at Home
J.P. Tarcher, Inc., Los Angeles, CA, ISBN 0-87477-195-1
This book is for those who would like to dabble in homeopathy a bit. It will give you the guidelines for prescribing for acute conditions, like injuries, flues, earaches, etc. This book is well written and easy to understand. We recommend this book for the self-prescriber. You need to study it well before attempting treating yourself or anybody else, and never use this information for treating chronic conditions.
Read a review and buy the book here.
- Perko, Sandra, PhD:
The Homeopathic Treatment of Influenza (New 2005 Bird Flu Edition!)
This book gives a lot of information about Homeopathy and flu. It gives good history. I feel the Materia Medica (list of remedies with their indications) is too extensive for a lay prescriber, but can be useful for a professional homeopath.
Read a review and buy the book here.
- Nauman, Eileen, DHM, DIHOM:
Homeopathy for Epidemics; Homeopathy in Times of Crisis
- Neustaedter, Randall, OMD, CA:
Flu; Alternative Treatments and Prevention
- Kolata, Gina:
Flu. The Story of the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918 and the search for the Virus That Caused It.
Simon and Schuster, New York, NY. ISBN 0-7432-0398-4
Gina Kolata is a science reporter for The New York Times. The book “unravels the mystery of this lethal virus with the high drama of a great adventure story”. Unfortunately, Homeopathy is not mentioned in the book, and it does not sound like Gina knows anything about it. We sent her a letter with this info, but she has not responded.
- Hahnemann, Samuel: The Organon of Medicine (click here for a PDF file)
J.P. Tarcher, Inc., Los Angeles, CA, ISBN 0-87477-223-0, or any other edition.
This is the source. This is where it starts and this is where we always come back to when in doubt. This is the homeopath’s bible. It is not to be read lightly, but studied, preferably under direction of a good teacher.
- Professor George Vithoulkas: The Science of Homeopathy
Grove Press, Inc., New York, NY, ISBN 0-394-17560-3
As the title implies, we are getting more serious here. This is a definitive work on homeopathic philosophy and practice.